Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Yet another MetaLiteracy application!!!!





Above is John Delano's response to my question based on the MOOC topic of the session. I again am honored to have my question out of all possible questions. Mr. Delano's response to my question made me think about how the best ideas progress through the process of being formed, to being edited and revised (usually by others), than reproduced to fix the revisions.

This process of how ideas develop was the typical process. But after this semester being enrolled in this course, allows me to see how MetaLiteracy is involved in just about anything that involves thinking. When I have an idea about something, I usually try to run it by a friend of mine just to make sure it seems feasible and all my 'T's' are crossed and 'I's' dotted. When my friends look over my work and critique it for me it gives my original idea a completely new dimension, and improves it. Until Mr. Delano's response I never thought of this common process as also being a MetaLiterate process. This shows how prevalent MetaLiteracy already is involved in most's everyday life even if they don't know it!!

2 comments:

  1. As we move even further into this course, the concept of metaliteracy continues to evolve and broaden. Now, I think that metaliteracy can be applied to so much more than anything educational. We use metaliterate processes every single day, and we do not even think about it. Perhaps our everyday processes should have been one of the ways to define metaliteracy in the earliest stages of our class. I think I would have been able to grasp the concept of metaliteracy a little quicker, and it would have improved my overall progress in our course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geoffrey and Brittany, I also now realize just how powerful Metaliteracy and Metacognition are and their ties with our everyday lives. They are all intertwined than one will initially envision. Our everyday activities and processes should definitely have been part of the definition when we started this course. The concept of Metaliteracy and its growth will only get better from this point onward.

    ReplyDelete