Saturday, September 14, 2013

What am I in the MetaLiteracy Circle??

'The MetaLiterate Learner diagram'   
The MetaLiteracy circle, above, displays the different aspects of the MetaLiterate Learner. The 'learner' is the center of the circle, basically as the subject of the analysis. In the immediate sphere outside of that are the four types of learning domains that MetaLiteracy can fall under. The outermost sphere displays the different roles that the MetaLiterate learner might fill throughout their MetaLiterate learning. 
Personally, I feel that my natural role of the outermost MetaLiterate model is Collaborator. I feel that I am a Collaborator because thats how handle information, i combine and mesh all related topics. When I have my collaboration of different ideas I blend them together and spread them as one developed and detailed idea. I feel this is the most efficient way to learn period, because when you have different people coming together, they all have their own backgrounds and experiences that might have provided them with a different interpretation of the same idea that you have. Then when the two ideas are combined create a more detailed and developed idea. I also feel like its proximity to the 'affective' learning domain was perfect. The definition of affective learning is: changes in learners’ emotions or attitudes through engagement with learning activities. I feel that if you really want to change someone's opinion or influence their thinking you have to go through their emotions to make it stick. Affecting peoples' emotions is how you can best add to their thinking. 

Photo credit: http://metaliteracy.cdlprojects.com/what.htm

1 comment:

  1. This is a very perceptive comment about influencing someone, by going through his or her emotions. It is actually just happenstance that this term ended up with it did near Collaborator, but you have made an interesting connection that I'd like to explore.
    Metaliterate learners may feel stronger in some areas on this circle than others, but recognize this through metacognition, as you did, and understand that enhancing other roles is advantageous.

    ReplyDelete